The latest tables across our 4 divisions have been updated as at 9th March 2023 (see results & tables tab).
A quick summary of the changes since the last update on 1st Feb:
* Plenty of games since my last update.
* Dartford-W1 continue to lead, following a 3-1 away win at Strood.
* Invicta women chalked up 2 wins since the last update and moved up to 2nd place in the table. They now trail D-W1 by 2 points, with the teams level on matches played.
* Invicta’s wins in February included a 5-setter at home to Maidstone-Diamonds, coming back from 2 sets down.
* Diamonds sit in 3rd place, 3 points behind Invicta but with a game in hand.
* A couple of key matches still to come in the women’s division, with Diamonds away to
D-W1 later in March and Invicta due to host DW-1 in the final scheduled league week of the season.
* All still to play for. Game on!!
Mens’ Division 1
* There has been a change at the top of the table with Dartford chalking up 3 victories in 3 weeks, nudging Medway down to 2nd place.
* Dartford dropped only 1 set over the 3 matches, reversing their 3-1 defeat at Strood from January. They also exacted revenge for their season-opening 3-2 home defeat at the hands of Team Medway, with a 3-0 away win this time round.
* Medway do have matches in hand, however, so it could still be a tight finish to the division again.
Mens’ Division 2
* Dartford-3 retained their place at the top of the table following a 3-2 home win over Tonbridge-2. In this match, D-3 registered the highest winning deficit on aggregate points (-11) over 5 sets since the 2012-13 season (for a match with aggregate points >200). It eclipsed the previous highest winning deficit of 10 points (when Medway-1 beat Maidstone-1 by 3-2 in the KCVA Men’s Cup Final back in 2015-16).
* Maidstone-Rocks kept up the pressure on the leaders, with a 3-2 home win over
* Dartford-3 still lead by a single point, albeit Rocks have 2 games in hand and an advantage in sets difference.
* Could it all go down to the wire, when D-3 host Rocks in the final scheduled fixture week of the season?????
* Only 1 result since the last update, with Dartford reversing their 3-2 defeat to Strood back at the beginning of December. This time round Dartford took the 5th set 15-11 after initially going 2 sets down. The latest match was closer, with Dartford enjoying a 1-point aggregate points total advantage (last time out Strood’s winning aggregate margin was 11 points).
* Maidstone remain top of the table, despite not having played a game since their win over Strood at the end of January. Dartford are in second place, courtesy of a superior sets difference over Strood.